The DSST Program (formerly known as the Dantes Program) is a credit-by-examination testing service provided by The Chauncey Group International, Ltd™. This program gives the student an opportunity to receive credit for learning acquired outside the traditional college classroom. The Office of Student Assessment & Testing does not determine or advise which test is needed for credit in a particular course. For more information on DSST refer to the DSST subject and credit list.
• Step 1: Determine which test(s) you want to take
Refer to the UTEP Undergraduate Catalog for more information about credit-by-examination.
• Step 2: Contact the Office of Student Assessment & Testing to request the test(s) that you need to take.
a. Please allow 5–10 business days for the Student Assessment & Testing Office to receive your test(s).
b. Contact the Student Assessment & Testing Office to schedule an appointment. The test can only be scheduled once the Student Assessment & Testing Office has received the test.
c. Pay the test fees:
$20 Test administration fee payable online with a credit card.
$80 Test fee, payable to DSST. This fee must be paid with a certified check, money order or applied to a VISA, MasterCard, or American Express credit card.
• Step 3: Report to the Office of Student Assessment & Testing
The office is located in the Academic Advising Center Building, Room 127. Candidates are asked to arrive 15 minutes early for check-in. If you arrive late, you may not be allowed to take the test.
For more information on the DSST (DANTES) Program:
• Visit http://www.getcollegecredit.com/
• Fact Sheets are available at this web site. Fact Sheets list test specifications, offer a description of the test content and also provide sample questions.
• The Official DSST Official Test-Preparation Guide is available for purchase on the DSST web site.
• Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call the Program Operations Manager toll free at 866-794-3497.
• Please refer to the 2014-2015 UTEP Undergraduate Catalog for updated Credit by Examination policies at http://catalog.utep.edu/undergrad/enrollment-services.
• These tests, cut-off scores, and testing policies have been approved by the academic colleges and departments teaching the respective courses. Click here to view credit link