The TEAS is an Internet-based, multiple-choice, exam that assesses a student’s abilities in four essential subject areas: reading, math, science, English and language usage.
• Reading (48 questions, 58 minutes) – section includes questions regarding paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension, and inferences/conclusions.
• Math (34 items, 51 minutes) – section includes questions regarding whole numbers, metric conversion, fractions, decimals, algebraic equations, percentages, and ratio/proportion.
**NOTE: Calculators are not allowed
• Science (54 items, 66 minutes) – section includes questions regarding science reasoning, science knowledge, biology, chemistry, anatomy, physiology, basic physical principles, and general science
• English and Language Usage (34 items, 34 minutes) – section includes questions regarding Punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, contextual words, and spelling.
Total test time is 3 hours and 29 minutes.
Your scores will be shown immediately on the screen following the exam. If you would like to get score interpretation, please contact the School of Nursing at (915)747-7273 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Step 1: Determine if you need to take the exam
All students who are applying to the School of Nursing must take the TEAS. If you have any questions, contact the School of Nursing at (915) 747-8323.
• Step 2: Payment Procedures
Make sure you have a credit card ready and go to http://www.atitesting.com. Phone registration is also available by calling (800) 667-7531).
THE TEST FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. Valid only for one fiscal year (September 1st through August 31st of the following year)
• Step 3: Register for a test session
1. Select "Register for TEAS" in the lower right-hand corner.
2. Select city and state and select "next."
3. Choose the test session that is most convenient for you and select "register". Then click the "check out" button on the bottom right-hand corner. Next you must create a user name and password (or use the one you already have). Be sure to select something you will remember.
4. Once you’ve logged in, fill in the account information and then use your credit card to pay for the exam.
**NOTE1: There is a 30 day waiting period to retake TEAS.
**NOTE2: The TEAS exam can only be taken TWICE.
• Step 4: On the day of the test
Report to the Student Assessment & Testing Office. Arrive 15 minutes early for check-in. If you arrive late, you may not be admitted.
You will be required to present an acceptable form of identification such as an original, current (valid) ID issued by a city/state/federal government agency.